After the great success of the 1st version in 2017 operated by Marshall Mathew Ficco, the dream continues in 4th version as the overland biggest seasonal activity organized by Dubai Offroaders.
NATURE OF EVENT:
- Overland trip including exploration of the most remote areas of the Empty Quarter in Oman and few more destinations in wilderness nature of the country.
- High level of organizing and preparations to be ready for being self-sufficient in isolated nature environment.
- Enjoying some of the most unique nature elements in various nature types.
- Photographing and video graphing for natural beauty and personal moments.
- Team work and best time management.
- Enjoying camping, bush cocking, swimming, and friendly team communication.
- Vehicles, gear, and supplies preparations.
DATE & DURATION:
Start: 9.00 pm Thursday night 6th Feb 2020.
End: Afternoon Saturday 15 Feb 2020.
Duration: 9 Days, 9 Nights
TRIP TOTAL COVERED DISTANCE:
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF VEHICLES IN CONVOY:
10-12 Max including Marshall and support vehicles.
ALLOWED AGE OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Empty Quarter mainly including the highest sand dune in the world (Ramlat Jadilah).
- Dhofar Mountains.
- South Coast Oman.
DRIVE TERRAIN TYPE:
- Various and mostly sand.
- Rough and aggressive terrains are expected to be driven in some stages of trip.
- Camping only.
- Hotels are not available at most of the trip destinations.
QUALIFICATION OF FINAL LIST OF CREW:
- Members whom interested in joining have to sign up.
- Final list of the most qualified will join.
- Qualifying measurements are:
* Vehicles preparations
* Off road experience
* Gear preparations
* Navigation, Mechanical and photography skills
* Personal abilities of organized team work
- 6 Stages including crossing 1400 km of Empty Quarter in 3 stages.
- 1st Star Dunes, 2nd, Mid Empty Quarter, 3rd Ramat Jadilah.
- 4th Dhofar Mountains, 5th South Coast and 6th back home.
- 1 or 2 meetings to be arranged with crew to discuss destinations and preparations.
- Routes and further planning details to be discussed through meetings.
- Meetings locations and dates to be announced later.
PREPARATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- List of gear individually and in common for convoy to be explained through crew meetings.
- Essential off road gear is a must like good air compressor, gauge, flag, radios, recovery straps, jack, shovels, shackles,…etc.
- Camping gear.
- Vehicles definitely have to carry extra fuel for entering and getting out such remote areas.
- Fuel consumption calculations to be explained through meetings.
BORDERS CROSSING REQUIREMENTS:
- Passport that is valid for at least 6 month.
- UAE residence visa that is valid for at least 3 month.
- Valid vehicle registration card for the period of trip.
- Oman third party insurance for vehicle for period of trip (available on borders), or UAE insurance that covers Oman.
- Oman entry visa (GCC RESIDENCE TYPE) that can be issued online or on borders depending on nationality and occupation.
- 35 AED for UAE exit fees payable on borders.
- 110 AED for 10 days Oman third party insurance for vehicle.
- 50 AED for Oman entry visa (GCC RESIDENCE TYPE).
- In case of your UAE residence visa that is valid for less than 3 month, Oman tourist visa could be the alternative depending on nationality and occupation.
- For more info and visa online applying please check the link bellow:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND CLARIFICATIONS:
- Trip success totally depends on highly organized team work and positive response of each trip crew member in every case.
- Trip crew has to show high level of cooperation and support for what is good for the whole group.
- Safety is to be taken as the main consideration in any diction and in all cases.
- Trip leader is taking in consideration different ideas and thoughts of crew members, but he still has the authority to take final decision in every case depending on safety requirements or any other matters to best trip management even if other trip crew doesn’t agree.
- Even with applying the best safety procedures, activity nature still holds chances of risk in personal and physical levels. By deciding of joining, participants are agreed to take sequences of that on their own responsibilities.
Please don’t hesitate to contact trip leader for any further information on Mob no: +971553649562
Trip leader and organizer, Shamel Marshan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.