Open to all offroaders!
santhoshksl
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler, 2012, sport
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: santhu
Blood Group: B+

Re: Offroad Walkie Talkie FAQ

Post by santhoshksl » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 pm

hello offroaders...i too purchased an walkie talkie in dragon mart last friday..its the Baofeng 2 way dual band radio where the frequency can be aligned with the other radio..its a digital input. I tried in the shop with a demo and it worked well.. It was said that a coverage of 15km shall be provided with this radio..truly i havent tested. i purchased this for 100 AED. the sales guy said its 150..then ended up paying 100. i purchased this from dragon mart, Fujjan Free space electronic trading, BA BAA 13.

Video Credits: Hafid K

Dubasel
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan Xterra
Nickname: Alex
Blood Group: A+

Post by Dubasel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:21 am

As a public service to other newbies, my “not pro” Motorola Talkabout radios with selectable channel only, worked with the group’s frequencies. Their range is “only” a few kms but it worked perfectly fine for me.

Dubasel
Private
Private

Post by Dubasel » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:03 am

Here is a link to an expanded manual for Baofeng UV-5R. Frequencies can be punched in on the go, or preprogrammed manually. There are a number of other neat functions explained in the manual and website. The radio is ~100AED in Amazon or Dragon Mart.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/wp/wp-c ... nual-2.pdf

sehgala
Vehicle Make & Model: Land rover LR4 2013
Nickname: Ajay

Post by sehgala » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am

Dubasel wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:21 am
As a public service to other newbies, my “not pro” Motorola Talkabout radios with selectable channel only, worked with the group’s frequencies. Their range is “only” a few kms but it worked perfectly fine for me.
I have a Motorola Talkabout unit (MG160A) as well. The standard frequencies on it match those posted above. However it does not have function to use Privacy codes. So wanted to check whether or not the group uses privacy codes in addition to the frequencies. If not than I am good to go otherwise will need to procure a better unit.

Hamza Ahmad
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000
Number of drives: 800

Post by Hamza Ahmad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:34 am

sehgala wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am
Dubasel wrote:
I have a Motorola Talkabout unit (MG160A) as well. The standard frequencies on it match those posted above. However it does not have function to use Privacy codes. So wanted to check whether or not the group uses privacy codes in addition to the frequencies. If not than I am good to go otherwise will need to procure a better unit.
If the unit matches the frequencies of the group, then you’re good to go.

Dubasel
Private
Private

Post by Dubasel » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:58 am

sehgala wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am
Dubasel wrote:
Set Provacy Code to 0.