All Skills Level Friday Afternoon Sand Drive 31st July 2020

Please note that you will not be allowed to join the drive if you come to the meeting point without a functioning pre-programmed radio and a flag with flag pole attached to your car. This is for your safety and for the safety of others on the drive. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Participants

List 

Slots: 4545
Open to all offroaders!
User avatar
PaulMK
Posts: 4
Real Name: Paul Agnew
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Blood Group: Nk

Re: All Skills Level Friday Afternoon Sand Drive 31st July 2020

Post by PaulMK » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi Guys, signed up for first drive, Toyota Fortuner v6 completely standard. I have all the gear ... no idea 🙈

I have compressor, deflator, snatch strap, soft shackles, flag, radio, shovel ... apart from any idea of how to use it all ... anything missing 😳



User avatar
anton
Captain
Captain
Posts: 20
Real Name: Anton
Vehicle Make & Model: Mitsubishi 2018 SWB Pajero 3.8L, White
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Anton
Number of drives: 20
Blood Group: B+
Contact:

Post by anton » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm

PaulMK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Hi Guys, signed up for first drive, Toyota Fortuner v6 completely standard. I have all the gear ... no idea 🙈

I have compressor, deflator, snatch strap, soft shackles, flag, radio, shovel ... apart from any idea of how to use it all ... anything missing 😳
Hi @PaulMK - sounds like you’re all set for a fun day out. Do you have a mount for your flag?

Also, it’s a good idea to tune the frequencies into your radio before you get there (And make sure the batteries are charged). Have a great Eid



User avatar
Matthias
Posts: 4
Real Name: Matthias
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler YJ 1994
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Schmagu
Blood Group: A+

Post by Matthias » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm

anton wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm
PaulMK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Hi Guys, signed up for first drive, Toyota Fortuner v6 completely standard. I have all the gear ... no idea 🙈

I have compressor, deflator, snatch strap, soft shackles, flag, radio, shovel ... apart from any idea of how to use it all ... anything missing 😳
Hi @PaulMK - sounds like you’re all set for a fun day out. Do you have a mount for your flag?

Also, it’s a good idea to tune the frequencies into your radio before you get there (And make sure the batteries are charged). Have a great Eid
As well for me it will be the first time.
Where we can see on which frequency we have to set the radio? Is there a WhatsApp group where we could communicate ?



Hamza Ahmad
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Posts: 1839
Real Name: Hamza Ahmad
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Edition 2008 and Nissan Armada 2006
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 800
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Blood Group: AB+
Contact:

Post by Hamza Ahmad » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Radio Frequencies:
CH 1:------462.5625
CH 2:------462.5875
CH 3:------462.6125
CH 4:------462.6375
CH 5:------462.6625
CH 6:------462.6875
CH 7:------462.7125
CH 8:------467.5625
CH 9:------467.5875
CH 10:-----467.6125
CH 11:-----467.6375
CH 12:-----467.6625
CH 13:-----467.6875
CH 14:-----467.7125

Above are the radio frequencies. WhatsApp group will be created tonight.



User avatar
PaulMK
Posts: 4
Real Name: Paul Agnew
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Blood Group: Nk

Post by PaulMK » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 pm

anton wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm
PaulMK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Hi Guys, signed up for first drive, Toyota Fortuner v6 completely standard. I have all the gear ... no idea 🙈

I have compressor, deflator, snatch strap, soft shackles, flag, radio, shovel ... apart from any idea of how to use it all ... anything missing 😳

Great, many thanks, mount is mounted and frequencies programmed. See you tomorrow
Hi @PaulMK - sounds like you’re all set for a fun day out. Do you have a mount for your flag?

Also, it’s a good idea to tune the frequencies into your radio before you get there (And make sure the batteries are charged). Have a great Eid



User avatar
PaulMK
Posts: 4
Real Name: Paul Agnew
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Blood Group: Nk

Post by PaulMK » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:56 pm

Please can you advise suggested pressure to deflate to?



Hamza Ahmad
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Webmaster & Co-Founder
Posts: 1839
Real Name: Hamza Ahmad
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Edition 2008 and Nissan Armada 2006
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 800
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Blood Group: AB+
Contact:

Post by Hamza Ahmad » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:25 am

PaulMK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:56 pm
Please can you advise suggested pressure to deflate to?
Hey, yes, 14 PSI in the front tires and 12 PSI in the rear tires.



Post Reply