Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Open to all offroaders!
Post Reply
User avatar
Eloy_Rod
Captain
Captain
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:31 pm
Real Name: Eloy Rodriguez
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler JK Falcon
Teraflex 2.5 lift
Falcon 3.3 Shocks
Injen Air intake
Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
Borla Attack Exhaust
Fox ATS Steering Stabiliser
Fox 2.0 IFP Bump Stop
AOR Front Axle Reinforcement
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Eloy
Number of drives: 34
Blood Group: O+

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Eloy_Rod » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Honestly speaking, cool box..... I'm just going to go back to my military days and go real simple on foods, nothing that needs to be kept cold. I've got a flat pop up tent, so its just my sleeping bag and water. My tools currently sit under my driver and passenger seat. I guess advantages of going solo, I can go full hobo mode
Sahil Trehan wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 am
@Eloy.. that's a good idea.. But if the cans are strapped down horizontally..
Where do you plan on putting your other gear? Tools, cool box, tent? I'm assuming on top of the Cans, if you strap them down..

User avatar
Alex

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:45 pm
Medals: 2
Real Name: Alex Evdokimov
Vehicle Make & Model: FJ dark-pink
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Fon Genrih
Number of drives: 100

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Alex » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Eloy_Rod wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm
Honestly speaking, cool box..... I'm just going to go back to my military days and go real simple on foods, nothing that needs to be kept cold. I've got a flat pop up tent, so its just my sleeping bag and water. My tools currently sit under my driver and passenger seat. I guess advantages of going solo, I can go full hobo mode
Sahil Trehan wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 am
@Eloy.. that's a good idea.. But if the cans are strapped down horizontally..
Where do you plan on putting your other gear? Tools, cool box, tent? I'm assuming on top of the Cans, if you strap them down..
On my previous drive I dismantled rear seats. to have more room for sleep inside a car(less camping gear to carry and more warm and quite at night, minimum time for camping installations), for night sleep jus remove all from the car or put this to front seats. But this time I have crazy idea to remove front passenger seat and build a tray into the floor with strong straps connected to seat mounting area.
Why I do that:
1) Want to keep rear side free of load.
2) Better balance between left and right side of the car.
3) Lower gravity, almost floor level
4) Removing seat weight I will balance total weight.
5) Strong mount with tray (in case some leak)
Some ppl say that its too crazy, but main purpose to have car balanced and light enough for advance drive. less weight less petrol u need when u climb, I remember when on previous campings in starfish almost all convoy could not get out from the bowl for a while, and my car did it simple, at the camping I was shocked how much ppl cary inside, and off course no fun driving, especially when you rear side heavy and can make a trouble cresting or ridge riding!
:D

User avatar
Eloy_Rod
Captain
Captain
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:31 pm
Real Name: Eloy Rodriguez
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler JK Falcon
Teraflex 2.5 lift
Falcon 3.3 Shocks
Injen Air intake
Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
Borla Attack Exhaust
Fox ATS Steering Stabiliser
Fox 2.0 IFP Bump Stop
AOR Front Axle Reinforcement
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Eloy
Number of drives: 34
Blood Group: O+

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Eloy_Rod » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:12 pm

I don't think that is crazy at all!!! I am also thinking of removing my passenger seat and using that area for my water storage area. I do agree that is all bout making the car as able as possible to tackle those amazing dunes :-D


Alex wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm
Eloy_Rod wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm
Honestly speaking, cool box..... I'm just going to go back to my military days and go real simple on foods, nothing that needs to be kept cold. I've got a flat pop up tent, so its just my sleeping bag and water. My tools currently sit under my driver and passenger seat. I guess advantages of going solo, I can go full hobo mode
Sahil Trehan wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:34 am
@Eloy.. that's a good idea.. But if the cans are strapped down horizontally..
Where do you plan on putting your other gear? Tools, cool box, tent? I'm assuming on top of the Cans, if you strap them down..
On my previous drive I dismantled rear seats. to have more room for sleep inside a car(less camping gear to carry and more warm and quite at night, minimum time for camping installations), for night sleep jus remove all from the car or put this to front seats. But this time I have crazy idea to remove front passenger seat and build a tray into the floor with strong straps connected to seat mounting area.
Why I do that:
1) Want to keep rear side free of load.
2) Better balance between left and right side of the car.
3) Lower gravity, almost floor level
4) Removing seat weight I will balance total weight.
5) Strong mount with tray (in case some leak)
Some ppl say that its too crazy, but main purpose to have car balanced and light enough for advance drive. less weight less petrol u need when u climb, I remember when on previous campings in starfish almost all convoy could not get out from the bowl for a while, and my car did it simple, at the camping I was shocked how much ppl cary inside, and off course no fun driving, especially when you rear side heavy and can make a trouble cresting or ridge riding!
:D

User avatar
pachecoryan
Captain
Captain
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:41 pm
Real Name: RYAN PACHECO
Vehicle Make & Model: FJ Cruiser - 2008
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Yellow FJ
Number of drives: 27
Blood Group: O+

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by pachecoryan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:40 pm

I am sorry, i know i'm late in responding to this. But can i Join this convoy?

Sebastien wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm
1.Faheem
2.Asem Ahmed
3.Asim
4. Bernardo
5. Alex
6. Sebastien
7. Eloy
8. Sahil
9. Jatin
10. Daniel
11. LEO
12. Saif

ADVANCED CONVOY HAS REACHED MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS & IS CLOSED

User avatar
Eric FJ
Captain
Captain
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:50 pm
Real Name: Eric spijker
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ cruiser standard 2017 model. Upgrades my follow in a later stadium.
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Eric FJ
Number of drives: 48
Location: Palm Jumeirah
Blood Group: O-n

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Eric FJ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 pm

pachecoryan wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:40 pm
I am sorry, i know i'm late in responding to this. But can i Join this convoy?

Sebastien wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm
1.Faheem
2.Asem Ahmed
3.Asim
4. Bernardo
5. Alex
6. Sebastien
7. Eloy
8. Sahil
9. Jatin
10. Daniel
11. LEO
12. Saif

ADVANCED CONVOY HAS REACHED MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS & IS CLOSED
I also would be interested to join a advanced or intermediate convoy if a second convoy will be made.

User avatar
Sahil Trehan

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:39 am
Medals: 2
Real Name: Sahil Trehan
Vehicle Make & Model: '16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2 Door - Manual Transmission
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 50

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Sahil Trehan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

Sadly having to drop out of the advance, will be driving with the other convoy..

1.Faheem
2.Asem Ahmed 
3.Asim
4. Bernardo
5. Alex
6. Sebastien
7. Eloy
8. Jatin
9. Daniel 
10. LEO
11. Saif
Sahil Trehan
0507005557

Plus Est En Vous :o)

User avatar
Bernardo

Contributor
Major
Major
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 8:09 am
Medals: 1
Real Name: Bernardo
Vehicle Make & Model: FJ Cruiser
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Bernardo
Number of drives: 61
Location: Dubai

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Bernardo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Guys,
I’m sorry but I’ll have to pass this one.
Will go to London to spend some days with my family.
I’m removing my name from the list.

1.Faheem
2.Asem Ahmed
3.Asim
4.
5. Alex
6. Sebastien
7. Eloy
8. Sahil
9. Jatin
10. Daniel
11. LEO
12. Saif

User avatar
Sahil Trehan

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:39 am
Medals: 2
Real Name: Sahil Trehan
Vehicle Make & Model: '16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2 Door - Manual Transmission
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 50

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Sahil Trehan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

Updated Advance Convoy List:

1.Faheem
2.Asem Ahmed
3.Asim
4. Alex
5. Sebastien
6. Eloy
7. Jatin
8. Daniel
9. LEO
10. Saif
Sahil Trehan
0507005557

Plus Est En Vous :o)

User avatar
Luda
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Real Name: Liudmyla Stepanenko
Vehicle Make & Model: Mitsubishi Pajero
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Luda
Number of drives: 9
Location: Dubai, IMPZ

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Luda » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:12 am

karimkh wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:33 pm
Hi guys
So which 2 days will be for inter and less?
Do we join Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday?
Thanks.
K
Hi guys! I have the same question about the dates of a 2-day drive but couldn't find the answer: is it 30/11&1/12 or 1-2/12? Please advise :) thank you!!!

User avatar
Dr.Knockers
Major
Major
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 am
Real Name: Daniel Ivanovski
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Land Cruiser
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Dr.Knockers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:50 am

I'm the next to remove his name from the list. Work commitments. You all have a great time

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests