Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler 2007
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Mirela
Number of drives: 25
Blood Group: 0+

Re: Liwa calling, Multilevel Liwa Drive 30th November' 2017

Post by Mirela » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:15 am

I was honored to be part of Sebastien’s first official convoy :drive:
The drive itself was not too demanding, but definitely worth going. Everybody did well, not too many stucks and only one (inevitable) pop out. I did my first successful recovery and managed to climb dunes that I didn’t think I could. Beautiful nature, great company and a wonderful weekend with our vigilant marshal and support. Thank you Sebastien (Franck, Sahil and Francis), looking forward to the next trip :thanks:

ZJ27
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Dark Grey JKU Wrangler 2016
Nickname: Zain
Number of drives: 23
Blood Group: NA

Post by ZJ27 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 pm

What a successful trip through untouched dunes and some tricky soft sand! Other than driving, the highlight was definitely the good company and good spirit of each member that joined.

Good vibes all around, from the signature Croatian cookies to the after-dark extreme frisbee challenge, to the festive Arabic dancing and of course the team bon fire stories!

Special thanks for the guidance and leadership to Marshall Sebastien! And constant support from Frank, Sahil, and Francis! :thanks:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Hafidk
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Prado
Nickname: Hafid
Number of drives: 33
Blood Group: z

Post by Hafidk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

There is always something special when exploring the empty quarter. Whether it’s the nostalgia of retracing the footsteps of the great explorers of old, or taking in the breathtaking views and peaceful tranquility of the shifting sands. One thing is certain you return home changed, somehow different. More grateful, more humble and more respectful for the things you have.

There is a saying that ‘the desert always wins’ and one should treat it with the utmost respect. This is certainly how this trip was led and thankfully we were accompanied by the most talented and skillful marshals who ensured the group remained safe whilst enjoying the the majestic dunes. Despite the occasional vehicle recovery and repair everyone worked well as a team to help each other through difficulties. There was a fun family atmosphere and despite the group consisting of some seven nationalities there was a common love for the desert and we all enjoyed sharing jokes and stories over the camp fire. A wonderful journey we thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank you Dubai Offroaders,
Hafid

Sahil Trehan

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Medals: 2
Vehicle Make & Model: '16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2 Door - Manual Transmission
Number of drives: 50

Post by Sahil Trehan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Many congratulations on your first trip Sebastien, you planned it extremely well and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

The landscape, drive, atmosphere and ambiance at the camp was absolutely great, my family and I enjoyed it alot.

All members drove very well and showed high levels of confidence and willingness to work as a team with their assigned buddies!!
Sahil Trehan

Plus Est En Vous :o)

siku1985
Vehicle Make & Model: Fj Cruiser
Nickname: Siku
Blood Group: O-

Post by siku1985 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:12 pm

What a fantastic experience! Really helped improve my confidence trying out new type of terrain and getting a better understanding of my cars performance.

Managed to self recover with calm and clear instructions from Sahil, thank you for that! Now I know how awesome A-trac is. Great leadership on the drive overall by Sebastian and sharing tips on side sloping, felt the difference instantly!

Overall great company, good speed, and high support from Franck, Sahil, Francis. Pleasure meeting everyone and thanks to Mirela for choosing me as her newbie buddy :)

We should do such drives more often!

Ps Francis's 'potatoes' were awesome.

Sahil Trehan

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: '16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2 Door - Manual Transmission
Number of drives: 50

Post by Sahil Trehan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:28 pm

siku1985 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Ps Francis's 'potatoes' were awesome.
Lol! =))
Sahil Trehan

Plus Est En Vous :o)

merrico
Vehicle Make & Model: Mitsubishi Pajero
Number of drives: 3
Blood Group: A+

Post by merrico » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:02 pm

What an amazing experience !!
Before leaving we didn't know what to expect from these 2 days and a bit worried by the challenging Liwa terrain.
Thanks to Sebastien leadership and the amazing support from Franck, Sahil, Francis and Hafid (my buddy) I had the opportunity to expand my driving skills and safely experience the emotions of sliding slops, bowls ...
Liwa is an amazing scenery by itself but what made the difference was the friendly atmosphere you could feel throughout the drives, at the camp fire and during the recoveries.

I'm already looking forward to the new drive.

Pierre2016
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser
Nickname: Pierre
Number of drives: 46
Blood Group: O+

Post by Pierre2016 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you Sebastien for organising the newbie/fewbie convoy drive in Liwa and an awsome camping moment.
Thanks you also to Frank, Sahil, Francis for the support.
I really enjoy the scenery, friendly atmosphere, and the fire wood cooked "pain au chocolat" at breakfast!
Looking forward to the next camping trip in Liwa.

jose
Vehicle Make & Model: Hummer H3 Alpha
Nickname: jose

Post by jose » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Fantastic weekend in the always desired Liwa and with an unbeatable company.
Many thanks to all the organisers and very specially to Sebastian for his direction and everything he has taught me to read the dunes.

Alex

Deputy
Contributor
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: FJ dark-pink
Nickname: Fon Genrih
Number of drives: 100

Post by Alex » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am

Hey fellows
We had wonderful drive with Inter group. Big thanks to marshals that u planed such a brilliant trips with campings! John made a fantastic trip and everyone performed extremely well that allowed us to cover plenty of kilometres with incredibles views on our way. We had plenty of massive bowls, pretty tall climbs and very steep descents, gradually it reminds rollercoaster. It will stay for me as one of the best Liwa trips i participate) i mean not about drive level or challenges we had, it's all about friendly company and incredible people :yesss: thanks guys for good memories :ymapplause: