Introduce yourself

khshareef

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by khshareef » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Name ; Humayun Shareef

Vehicle : Earlier Pajero 3.0 and now Toyota LC 96 Model VXR

Modifications : uplift 3" Oldman Shocks, installed Oil cooler and additional fan to avoid heating issues, yokohama ATS 285 / 75/r16 with Chinese GPS.

Planning for a winch and Garmin GPS in near future..

Profession: Oil and Gas professional.

offroading : since sometime last year..

jayeshlibra
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: SMOKIN LARIAT
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Incredible Hulk
Number of drives: 0

Post by jayeshlibra » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Name : Jayesh Krishnan

Vehicle : Smokin Lariat (Ford F150 2004) loded with :K&N, Borlas,Super chip,Warn,Garmin,Komo,Ranchos

Offroading : Summer of 2012, since then with DO, i cherish the time spent with u guys, u all are ROCK STARS :ymhug: !!

Jayesh Krishnan (STUD FORD)
050 8572027

GKumar
Brigadier
Brigadier
Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan Patrol VS & FJ Cruiser Manual
Nickname: Tiger
Number of drives: 1
Blood Group: A+

Post by GKumar » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Name:- G.Kumar
My Camel:- 2004 Nissan Patrol
Profession:- Handling human beings, dignified version is Human Resources
Offroading Experience:- Was introduced to sands almost 8 years back by friends but very soon was forced to take a long break. Restarted offroading since 2010 for my family, especially for my daughter who was very fond of the wobbling drive in sands. Now they are bored of it, but I am not.

The turning point was my meeting with Abdul Aziz, Chief of ADNOC offroad training and rescue department. I could drive with him and learned the very basics of safe offroading. Later started practicing it during the drives with friends, following safari convoy's tracks. :p Was not aware of any offroad clubs in Dubai, till finding DO.

I can very proudly boast that my offroading attained its perfection after joining DO by the end of last year. Learned alot with DO and love to continue in the same learning phase. Also I am thankful to the DO Management for all the considerations and recognition extended to me during this short period. This is a wonderful family and I look forward, to be always a part of it.

G.Kumar
Mob:- 050 5480966

"The world suffers alot, not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people" - Napoleon

Ahmad Pervez

Marshal
General - Club Founder
General - Club Founder
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2008
Nickname: Ahmad
Number of drives: 735
Blood Group: AB+

Post by Ahmad Pervez » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Name Ahmed Pervez
My Current Ride 2008 FJ Cruiser
Profession Have my own IT solutions and on-line IT/ electronics Retail Company.
Offroading Have been literally always off Roading, we used to go hunting antelopes in Northern India on some old Willys Jeeps.
I guess this is something that's in your blood...the love of adventure & risk taking capacity...
either you have it or you do'nt...It's just a matter of these harmones either being dormant or raging...

I started initially going offroad with Fraser Martin...who now works in Dubai Autodrome...and is one of the senior most Motorsport Journalists not only in UAE but in the region as well.
This was in the mid 90's, I used to drive a Jeep Cherokee Auto at that time.
He used to and still runs and organises Jeep Jamboree for Trading Enterprises,
He used to have a Grand Cherokee & a Caterham 7 in those days,
He had some superstition & all his cars used to have white & yellow in some combination,
We had some great rides together, the desert was clean, pristine & one hardly ever encountered a fence or a blacktop...

I then joined Gulf news as a Marshall in 1997/1998, and you know what...I had never ever been a participant in any Fun Drive...always as a Marshall...right from the First Fun Drive that I attended.
The team leader and the convoy leader, too, at that time used to be the legendary Jehanbaz Ali Khan(Jum),
He is the author of quite a few offroading books, the chief Marshal of Gulfnews Fun Drive...since 1986!!! Clerk of the course for Emirates Desert Challenge and a has number of other off road related assignments.
Jum is currently running a company specializing in off Road Jungle tours in Thailand...

Off roading was really challenging, at those times, or at least it seemed like that...to the novice that I was...but yes...desert was open and endless with very few landmarks and we did not have GPSs till 1999...
It has been an honor for me to have ridden with these legends & I could safely say that I owe whatever skills I have today to these legendary friends & mentors...
and now I am happy to be part of the DO family having founded this small club with a few friends in April 2008.
And Please remember...One never stops learning, and if you think you have mastered it, think again!!! and my journey of Discovery continues...

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games" - Ernest Hemingway

Ahmad Pervez
050 6534953

Ricardo
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler Sport 2004 / Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.8
Nickname: ricardo
Number of drives: 57

Post by Ricardo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 am

Name: Ricardo Perez
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.8 (no mods) and Jeep Wrangler 2004 (2.5 lift, air filter).
Offroading: Second season off-roading and plan to do many more -I just love the desert :-)

samir_thaha
Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan Pathfinder 2010
Nickname: samir
Number of drives: 13

Post by samir_thaha » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Name: Samir Thaha
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 litre - 2010 Model
Offroading: Started my passion for offroad very recently maybe 6 months back. I have taken a course for desert driving from Emirates Driving Institute & then realised. What am I doing with 4*4 if I am not using it for offroads.

Explored few Offroads(not really dune bashing) using the Explorer Offroad magazine to Falaj Al Mualla etc through semi dunes track.Had my first association with DO during the last week training drive. It was really good & well organised. Hope to attend the drives every week & be an active member in DO and become an expert Offroader.

You guys are cool. Thanks & take care !!!

puniamor
Vehicle Make & Model: Pajero 2009
Nickname: Punia

Post by puniamor » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Name : Arvind Punia

Vehicle : Pajero 2009

Work : Mashreq Bank

Offroading : Started my passion for offroading very recently maybe 1 months back. I joined with DO's as a regular member. :)

Arvind Punia
055-4721457

Ahsan
Vehicle Make & Model: Update later

Post by Ahsan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Name- Ahsan Iftiqar

Vehicle- Jeep wrangler

Profession- Banking

Offroading- Love to drive jeep on offroads

Ahsan
050-3084781

blaze
Vehicle Make & Model: 2010 FJ cruiser
Nickname: blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 pm

hey guys,
I'm Karan Kalra AKA blaze.
Indian
Self employed
28yrs old
FJC 2010 TRD exhaust and drop in TRD air Filter (more mods coming soon)
Senior level offroader with UAEOFFROADERS.
been dune bashing since i was 16 soo have a good 12yrs experience
fav desert in the UAE is obviously Liwa but on a closer location it would have to be the super bowls of sweihan.
caught one of your marshals last night at karam signal, saw the stick and thought i'd come check you guys out.

P.S:-
i'm a bit nuts behind the wheel. Major Adrenaline junkie!!!! :drive:

shabeer saidu mohammed
Captain
Captain
[url=http://postimg.org/image/ks9uig0b9/][img]http://s10.postimg.org/ks9uig0b9/DB_AVATAR.jpg[/img][/url]
Vehicle Make & Model: 2006 Land Cruiser GXR
Nickname: Sheba
Number of drives: 21

Post by shabeer saidu mohammed » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Name: Shabeer Saidu Muhammed
Job: Assistant Sales Manager.
Company: European Perfume Works, Sharjah.
Vehicle: Suzuki Grand Vitara.
Off Road: Sole exploraition - Fossil Rock route, Falaj al Moualla, Big Red dune etc..