Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Fon Genrih
Number of drives: 100

Re: Clarification on custom/metal aftermarket bumpers

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Asim wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi adrian,

1)In general Metal Bumpers are not allowed unless they come from factory PERIOD (like TJ) or were installed by the dealer ie (ARB bumper on somer pajeros)
2)Metal bumpers will not clear annual inspections
3)Insurer can possibly deny a claim because, most if not all insurance policies have a clause which reads "Vehicle Specification- Your Car is in good condition, as per GCC specifications. It has not been modified from the manufacturer's original specification"
4)A new rule came into effect from 1 June 2017 with respect to car modifications. If the garage which is making u the bumper is listed with the authorities and if they give you a letter stating that the modification ( STEEL bumper) is road legal then u shud'nt worry. This has not yet been tested yet as its fairly new however i have seen letters from the dealers where genuine aftermarket upgrades were installed by the dealer. http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/government ... -1.2026433
6)Not all insurers here provide offroad cover. if im not wrong only AXA RSA and (ONE MORE-cant recall the name) provide PROPER and LEGIT offroad covers, all other insurers state that they cover offroad incidents but if u closely read the terms n conditions it wud say that offroad means 5 to 10 meters from road.
5)Lastly, steel bumper wud be toooooooo heavy ;) ;)
Hey there

So far this is the best answer!
My experience in Tajeel, I could not pass car with metal bumper, other moods could be fine...

GrandDubai
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: 2014 FJ Cruiser Extreme
Nickname: GrandDubai
Number of drives: 47
Blood Group: O

Post by GrandDubai » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:55 pm

I had full steel Rugged Ridge bumpers on my Jeep JK and passed RTA every year at the strict Al Barsha Centre, simply by fixing 2 rubber blocks where the shackle mounts were. No problem, as long as they stick out further than lights, fairlead, whatever.
Never too many mods...

extensive7
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner GXR - V6 - 2015
Nickname: Shamel
Number of drives: 35
Blood Group: O+

Post by extensive7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks for the Important info provided above. I totally agree with what mentioned.
Steel bumpers are mostly illegal and heavy.
I believe they are not the choice for dune bashing setup vehicles.
I guess the main reasons for steel bumper is protection and winching. They are mostly used for overland setup vehicles in Australia, South Africa, and th US. They even call them "bull bar" that means the steel bar that protects the vehicle when crushes a bull. So, they are basically made to protect against animals crushing while touring.
Some alternatives are started to appear in the global market like RHINO 4X4 FRONT BUMPERS

http://rhino4x4.com.ar/index.php/produc ... x-200.html

and SMART BAR

http://www.smartbar.com.au

Unfortunately RHINO products are not available in UAE market. They are available in Australia, Argentina and South Africa.
SMART BAR is also not available in the UAE market but can be provided by ARB dealer by special order.