National Day Liwa Crescent Drive & Camp on 3rd & 4th of December '2020

Please note that you will not be allowed to join the drive if you come to the meeting point without a functioning pre-programmed radio and a flag with flag pole attached to your car. This is for your safety and for the safety of others on the drive. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Participants

List 

Slots: 1416
Open to one star and above offroaders
Ahmad Pervez

Marshal
General - Club Founder
General - Club Founder
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2008
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Ahmad
Number of drives: 735
Blood Group: AB+

Re: National Day Liwa Crescent Drive & Camp on 3rd & 4th of December '2020

Post by Ahmad Pervez » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Scousep wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:14 am
Re covid test, I will get a PCR test two days before.
The test is required every 4 days, if done in advance.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games" - Ernest Hemingway

Ahmad Pervez
050 6534953

Scousep
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Wrangler JK 2 Door
Nickname: Simon
Blood Group: A+

Post by Scousep » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Yes correct tests are needed on the 4th day after entering. So if we arrive on the 2nd Dec (with results gained within the prior 48 hours) a new test is needed on the 5th Dec.

This is from the Kaleej time last week - https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronaviru ... -announced

Starting Sunday, November 8, all UAE citizens and expats, including returning Abu Dhabi residents, must enter the emirate within 48 hours of receiving a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or diffractive phase interferometry (DPI) laser test result.

Residents and visitors will need to undergo additional tests in the emirate based on their period of stay.

If they stay on for more than four days, they must mandatorily take a PCR test on the fourth day. The day of arrival is counted as the first day. If they stay for more than eight days, they must take another PCR test on the eighth day.

The new requirements nullify the earlier rule announced on September 4, where a mandatory PCR test had to be taken on the sixth day.

Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.

Ahmad Pervez

Marshal
General - Club Founder
General - Club Founder

Post by Ahmad Pervez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am

Scousep wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:47 pm
Yes correct tests are needed on the 4th day after entering. So if we arrive on the 2nd Dec (with results gained within the prior 48 hours) a new test is needed on the 5th Dec.

This is from the Khaleej time last week - https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronaviru ... -announced
Starting Sunday, November 8, all UAE citizens and expats, including returning Abu Dhabi residents, must enter the emirate within 48 hours of receiving a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or diffractive phase interferometry (DPI) laser test result.
Residents and visitors will need to undergo additional tests in the emirate based on their period of stay.
If they stay on for more than four days, they must mandatorily take a PCR test on the fourth day. The day of arrival is counted as the first day. If they stay for more than eight days, they must take another PCR test on the eighth day.
The new requirements nullify the earlier rule announced on September 4, where a mandatory PCR test had to be taken on the sixth day.
Thanks,
That is clear, now.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games" - Ernest Hemingway

Ahmad Pervez
050 6534953

MT_Goozle
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan XTERRA Off-Road, 2" Lift Kit & bash-plate, Compressor, Flag, Walkie Talkie, Sand Recovery Plates, Snatch Straps.
Nickname: Mike_XTERRA
Blood Group: A+

Post by MT_Goozle » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:22 am

HI.... Just got my work schedule ... need to stay in Dubai on standby..... pretty sad that I can't join.

HOPEFULLY I can join the next tour.

Enjoy the drive and camping!!!!

DARK KNIGHT
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2017
Nickname: Dark Knight
Blood Group: B+

Post by DARK KNIGHT » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi All,

Booked at the Western for the night of the 2nd Dec.

Cheers Simon

qfrag

Deputy
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: Ford F-150 Raptor
Nickname: Andreas
Number of drives: 0
Blood Group: 0+

Post by qfrag » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi,
I will come early but stay the night ⛺️, I'll properly enter Abu Dhabi on the first and make use of all 4 days possible before a test.
If any one is up to it we could do a longer trip (01.12.-04.12) in total, 3rd and 4th of course the joined drive.

Anyone interested?

liwadreamer
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler
Nickname: liwadreamer
Number of drives: 110
Blood Group: B+

Post by liwadreamer » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 pm

qfrag wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:06 pm
Hi,
I will come early but stay the night ⛺️, I'll properly enter Abu Dhabi on the first and make use of all 4 days possible before a test.
If any one is up to it we could do a longer trip (01.12.-04.12) in total, 3rd and 4th of course the joined drive.

Anyone interested?
Hi Andreas - I would be up for spending some more time out there. Whatsapp me on 050 4505342.

Wolle
Private
Private
Vehicle Make & Model: Y62, 2016
Nickname: Shortcut
Number of drives: 20
Blood Group: B

Post by Wolle » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 am

Good morning, I also booked the western hotel for one night. Will we get some more details soon, such as the necessary covid test and so forth?
Looking forward to our drive in Liwa!
Best regards
Wolle

Ahmad Pervez

Marshal
General - Club Founder
General - Club Founder

Post by Ahmad Pervez » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:45 am

Wolle wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 am
Good morning, I also booked the western hotel for one night. Will we get some more details soon, such as the necessary covid test and so forth?
Looking forward to our drive in Liwa!
Best regards
Wolle
Please refer to Simon's post dated 15th November.

Ahmad Pervez
050 6534953