- Major General
- Posts: 576
- Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:38 pm
- Real Name: Faheem Ahmed Chughtai
- Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan Patrol 2013
FJ Cruiser 2010
- Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
- Nickname: The Helper
- Number of drives: 480
Each team will consist of minimum 3 and maximum 4 vehicles, intermediate and above level.
You will need to make your own team, example below:
Team Name / 1st driver / 2nd driver / 3rd driver / 4th driver.
Newbie/fewbie Drivers are NOT allowed to participate, this being an extreme adventure sport, there is always an inherent danger and a newbie participation could result in irretrievable stucks or vehicle damage.
DATE: Friday December 7th,2018
MEETING TIME: 7:30 AM
EVENT STARTS: 8:30 AM
MEETING POINT: TBA
Participants and their passengers will have to sign a disclaimer in order to participate in the event.
A copy of the Emirates ID of all participants is mandatory.
A lunch Box will be provided for each participant, both Veg or non Veg options will be available.
All teams will be provided with the same track that will include 30 way points, including the Start and Finish point.
The objective is to complete the track in the shortest distance possible while staying as close as possible to the track line as well as the 25 waypoints.
Criterias that will decide who the winner is are:
- Shortest overall distance
- Proximity from the track line
- Proximity from the different waypoints
(Please read Rules and Conditions for details on Do's and Dont's)
PRIZES & ANNOUNCEMENT:
It is impossible to announce the winners on the same day of the event as we require time to properly evaluate and analyze all the tracks.
The prize ceremony will happen on the third week of December (exact date and location to be confirmed).
During the ceremony, all the tracks for all the teams will be printed and showcased. Teams will be able to see each other's track and compare the differences. It’s all about sportsmanship and we will make sure that the results are absolutely fair and square.
The top 3 teams will each receive AED 5,000 / AED 3,000 / AED 2,000 respectively in Cash.
During the announcement of the results, we will have a draw only for the participants who attend the Prize ceremony.
One Lucky winner among the participants will receive One set of Off-road Tyres .
Great prizes will be distributed to participants who will provide great photography throughout the course of the event.
There are 3 categories you can compete in:
1- Best shot of Car in action
2. Best shot for Stuck/ recovery
3. Natural, scenic picture
EVENT RULES AND CONDITIONS:
This is not a race against time, hence no need to rush, you can be the last team to reach the finish point but still win.
A proper GPS recording device is required, please bring your data transfer cable with you as well, make sure to record your track at 50 meters interval. It is the participants' responsibility to provide the GPS track in *.gpx file and the GPS readings at the finish line.
Failure to do so will result in disqualification, feel free to bring your own laptop to share the GPX file.
The below actions will get you disqualified:
1. Missing a way point by more than 50 meters.
2. Recording the track at more than 50 meter interval.
3. If any team deviates more than 500 meters left or right from the track line, they will be disqualified.
4. Any damage to your vehicle which requires a Police report.
5. Arriving late at the starting point.
6. Not able to navigate and reach the starting point.
7. Not having a proper GPS (Track given by mobile apps has to match the track length with the recording points)
8. Not handing over the GPS reading and the track along with the GPS to DO GPS Challenge Management Team, immediately upon reaching the finish line.
9. If any team not able to reach at way point 14 latest by 15:00Hrs. (3pm), they will be disqualified and will be escorted directly to the finish line.
10. Crossing or blocking the track for other participants will lead to the Team's immediate disqualification.
11. Each driver is allowed to take only one passenger with him on board. The passenger can come in handy with the Photo Competition.
Deadline to register is November 30th
We have created a registration form via Google which will help you register and confirm your team.
Please click on the below link to fill the form and register your team:
For enquiries, kindly contact:
Ahmad Pervez 050 653 4953
Faheem Ahmed 050 132 6319
Saif Khan 050 554 0808
Faheem Ahmed Chughtai
Video Credits: Hafid K
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:18 am
- Medals: 1
- Real Name: Abdalla Alnaqbi
- Vehicle Make & Model: Nissan patrol y61
- Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
- Nickname: Marshal.alnaqbi
- Number of drives: 200
- Location: in human planet
- Blood Group: B+