Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Open to two stars and above offroaders
Saj

Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Saj » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:01 pm

The objective of the drive is to reach Sweihan before the Sun. However, the bigger objective will be to have some fun :D . Enroute to our destination we will take on large and small dunes with varying sand texture and colour and indulge in a lot of side sloping, side/vertical cresting, some drops, some slip faces and negotiate some vicious ridges along the way. We will hopefully spot gazelles and enjoy panaromic views from the "Lonely Hill".

Due to the nature of the terrain and the length of our intended route(approx 50 kms, +/- 5 kms), the convoy will be restricted to a maximum of 9 members including the lead and sweep. Exceptions will only be made for Marshals. The first 7 member registrations will form the convoy.

Image

Meeting Point : Will be provided via PM to selected participants on Thursday.
Meeting Time : 07:30Hrs.
Drive Start: 07:45 Hrs.
Drive Route: The compass point towards Sweihan.
Drive Terrain: Sand.
Duration: 3:30 - 4:00 hours approx. Anything more and the sun will beat us.


Checklist:-
a) Ensure your 4 x 4 vehicle is in perfect condition and with enough fuel.
b) Carry an auto air compressor with you and ensure it’s in working condition.
b) Compatible Radio is mandatory
c) Carry all necessary offroad gears, in good condition.
d) Carry enough water / refreshments / re-hydration drinks for self & co-passenger(s).
e) Please ensure that your vehicle's Fuel Tank is full

Please read the following and register for the drive:-
Equipments that one needs to carry for offroading
Rules Of The Trip
Dubai Offroaders - Disclaimer

Sajid
0505525709

User avatar
Pbencini

Deputy
Major
Major
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 pm
Medals: 1
Real Name: Philip Bencini
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Xtreme
Mitsubishi pajero LWB
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 52

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Pbencini » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Afro... and the other early risers - where are you? ;)
:drive:

User avatar
duli

Deputy
Major
Major
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm
Medals: 1
Real Name: Abdul Hussein Karim
Vehicle Make & Model: Ford F-150
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Duli
Number of drives: 47
Location: Dubai

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by duli » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 am

Guys. Hate to say this but m really sorry as I have to back out from this drive due to some very urgent work that has come up for tomorrow morning. I am currently tentative just incase I manage to find a way out for tomorrow. Really wanna drive tomoro.
Duli
055-8890584


If sand ain't flying.... you ain't driving

Saj

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Saj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:25 pm

duli wrote:Guys. Hate to say this but m really sorry as I have to back out from this drive due to some very urgent work that has come up for tomorrow morning. I am currently tentative just incase I manage to find a way out for tomorrow. Really wanna drive tomoro.
No worries Duli. We will be happy if you can make it.

Bahaa999
Captain
Captain
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:48 pm
Real Name: Bahaa Elkordy
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ 2014
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Bebo
Number of drives: 40

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Bahaa999 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Marshal Sajid, when is the Meeting Point will be sent to us ?

thank you

Bahaa

Saj

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Saj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Bahaa999 wrote:Marshal Sajid, when is the Meeting Point will be sent to us ?

thank you

Bahaa

By 3:00 p.m today. In Shaa Allah

User avatar
duli

Deputy
Major
Major
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm
Medals: 1
Real Name: Abdul Hussein Karim
Vehicle Make & Model: Ford F-150
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Duli
Number of drives: 47
Location: Dubai

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by duli » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Saj wrote:
duli wrote:Guys. Hate to say this but m really sorry as I have to back out from this drive due to some very urgent work that has come up for tomorrow morning. I am currently tentative just incase I manage to find a way out for tomorrow. Really wanna drive tomoro.
No worries Duli. We will be happy if you can make it.

Saj. Will there be a possibility of having exits in between in case I have to leave early?
Duli
055-8890584


If sand ain't flying.... you ain't driving

Saj

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Saj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

duli wrote:
Saj wrote:
duli wrote:Guys. Hate to say this but m really sorry as I have to back out from this drive due to some very urgent work that has come up for tomorrow morning. I am currently tentative just incase I manage to find a way out for tomorrow. Really wanna drive tomoro.
No worries Duli. We will be happy if you can make it.

Saj. Will there be a possibility of having exits in between in case I have to leave early?
Yes Duli. You could take a gatch and exit if the need arises.

Saj

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Saj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:42 pm

PM sent to the registered members. See you tomorrow :) .

User avatar
Pbencini

Deputy
Major
Major
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 pm
Medals: 1
Real Name: Philip Bencini
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Xtreme
Mitsubishi pajero LWB
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Number of drives: 52

Re: Race the Sun - Friday Morning, Feb 6th 2015

Post by Pbencini » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Saj wrote:PM sent to the registered members. See you tomorrow :) .

:thanks: :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest