Friday Morning Express Drive on 31.01.2014

Open to two stars and above offroaders
khshareef

Re: Friday Morning Express Drive on 31.01.2014

Post by khshareef » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Gents,

I will send the meeting point coordinates tomorrow afternoon and it will be about 60mins from Dubai.

khshareef

Post by khshareef » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Guys,

Meeting point coordinates for tomorrow morning drive sent to all participants registered via private message.

It will be about 60mins drive from Dubai. Pls plan accordingly.

Pls call me if you have any doubts.

rgds,

khshareef

Post by khshareef » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Drive report pls

Saj

Post by Saj » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 am

It was a very hectic Thursday with a client meeting that went on and on and I had to work late in the evening as well. However, getting the PM from Humayun and looking at the meeting point coordinates in the maps, was just the adrenaline needed to kickstart the weekend.

It was an uncharted territory for me and a nice addition to my Basemap collection :D. I will refrain from disclosing the terrain we ventured into but if you want to spot gazelles and have an endless side sloping adventure followed by tackling some of the most technical and soft dunes ever, this was it. We were lucky enough to see two gazelles racing with our convoy on the flats and intersecting us and going to the other side. Nature at it's best! \M/ \M/

This track deserves a full day of exploration with an experienced convoy. One of the stucks was quite difficult and luckily we had a winchman in the convoy to bail us out.

I shall call this drive "The Gazelle Run" and hopefully the marshals will use this name to post a future drive in this territory to tip of the unlucky ones!

Thank you Humayun for posting this drive and thank you Saif for your recovery consultancy. :thanks:

khshareef

Post by khshareef » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:25 am

Saj wrote:It was a very hectic Thursday with a client meeting that went on and on and I had to work late in the evening as well. However, getting the PM from Humayun and looking at the meeting point coordinates in the maps, was just the adrenaline needed to kickstart the weekend.

It was an uncharted territory for me and a nice addition to my Basemap collection :D. I will refrain from disclosing the terrain we ventured into but if you want to spot gazelles and have an endless side sloping adventure followed by tackling some of the most technical and soft dunes ever, this was it. We were lucky enough to see two gazelles racing with our convoy on the flats and intersecting us and going to the other side. Nature at it's best! \M/ \M/

This track deserves a full day of exploration with an experienced convoy. One of the stucks was quite difficult and luckily we had a winchman in the convoy to bail us out.

I shall call this drive "The Gazelle Run" and hopefully the marshals will use this name to post a future drive in this territory to tip of the unlucky ones!

Thank you Humayun for posting this drive and thank you Saif for your recovery consultancy. :thanks:
Thanks for the report Saj. It was pleasure for me to lead the drive in such a terrain where I presume not all the offroaders visit often except for a few like us. Thanks to all the guys who joined for the drive and Saif for keeping the rolling/quick recovery consultancy services.

We will plan a full day drive :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: in this area somewhere in 3 or 4th week of February..

Faraz Sharif
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: Pajero 3.8 V6
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: sirgroh
Number of drives: 40

Post by Faraz Sharif » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 am

Friday Morning Express Drive on 31.01.2014 Pictures Part 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Faraz Sharif
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: Pajero 3.8 V6
Nickname: sirgroh
Number of drives: 40

Post by Faraz Sharif » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am

Friday Morning Express Drive on 31.01.2014 Pictures Part 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JustDen

Marshal
Brigadier
Brigadier
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Frankenstein
Nickname: EnerJeep
Number of drives: 99

Post by JustDen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 am

Looks like Humayun had the most stucks :D :ymhug: :))
[==|
|
|________======
/ …../….\...,\_____ \,________
[_--|___|___|___---_\-\\\\\-\
_ (o) )-o--) ) ___( (o) )----o---) )______

My Jeep doesn't leak, it marks its territory.

Have fun like a child - treat safety like a father.

khshareef

Post by khshareef » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Hmmm...