Intermediate Starfish Dunes Overnight Trip to Oman.

Open to two stars and above offroaders
Tyn
Major
Major
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler TJ (1997)
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Tyn
Number of drives: 23

Re: Intermediate Starfish Dunes Overnight Trip to Oman.

Post by Tyn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 am

great drive, great company and some awesome reports! this was my second visit to the starfish dunes and they are as challenging and beautiful as they were the first time. like the first time in these dunes i did not manage to finish the route leaving me feeling like a junky looking for his next shot.. I need to go back to the starfish dunes and finish this pesky trail!! chapeau for Ricardo for traversing throuh this terrain as the head of the 4x4 dragon and making it look so easy and of course chapeau to all the rest for following the lead with relative ease which says a lot about the quality of the drivers! Starfish is a very technical terrain and manages to surprise you at every corner and across every dune. I'm hooked and I'll be back for more, aleays searching for my 4x4 fix.

bubban
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: 2007 Toyota Prado
Number of drives: 16

Post by bubban » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

Wow! that must have been some trip. Brian, if you ever are looking at a career change, I believe author would be right up there :D :D :D
"Safety doesn’t happen by accident"

firoztv

Post by firoztv » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 am

Great drive, great people and some interesting twists...it's indeed a memorable one in many respects.

Thanks to Ahmed sir for organizing this trip; hats of to Ricardo for the first days lead.

As I was following Tyn; I could see him climbing dunes and dunes with ease which made me feel more comfortable and follow his path easily...but had to deviate sometimes as adrenaline was pumping Tyn to do experiments sometimes ;)

We were all very relaxed knowing the presence of Fauji at the sweep :thanks: and thanks for the wonderful Barbeque... :)

Thanks to Brian and Nikki for some of the most memorable moments and Carl aka plowboy for his wonderful company.

Look forward joining more of these type of special and wonderful drives :drive:

Ajay

Marshal
General - Co Founder
General - Co Founder
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota LC VXR
Nickname: AJ
Number of drives: 999

Post by Ajay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Saif wrote:

Its Indeed a fantastic area, one thats calling out AJS's lead !!!!
Insha Allah, next season
ajay
Leave only your tyre marks in the wild. Bring all other rubbish back with you.......

Ahmad Pervez

Marshal
General - Club Founder
General - Club Founder
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser 2008
Nickname: Ahmad
Number of drives: 735

Post by Ahmad Pervez » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 pm

AJS wrote:
Saif wrote:

Its Indeed a fantastic area, one thats calling out AJS's lead !!!!
Insha Allah, next season
:)
"No, it is not the goal but the way there that matters, and the harder the way the more worth while the journey." -Wilfred Thesiger

Ahmad Pervez
050 6534953

plowboy
Captain
Captain
Vehicle Make & Model: Wrangler
Number of drives: 9

Post by plowboy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Nothing to add to the reports, but this was a great trip, and I hope all the vehicle problems get sorted out ;)

brianj

Post by brianj » Thu May 02, 2013 10:37 am

Tyn wrote:great drive, great company and some awesome reports! this was my second visit to the starfish dunes and they are as challenging and beautiful as they were the first time. leaving me feeling like a junky looking for his next shot.. I need to go back to the starfish dunes and finish this pesky trail!! chapeau for Ricardo for traversing through this terrain as the head of the 4x4 dragon and making it look so easy and of course chapeau to all the rest for following the lead with relative ease which says a lot about the quality of the drivers! Starfish is a very technical terrain and manages to surprise you at every corner and across every dune. I'm hooked and I'll be back for more,
Nikki's Photo's of Starfish on FB