Skid plate

PaulMK
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Blood Group: Nk

Skid plate

Post by PaulMK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi All

I am looking for a skid plate to protect the underside of my Fortuner.

I have seen 3mm steel, 8mm aluminum and 4mm aluminum. There is an offer on at Ramy for 3 piece fitted for 945AED, but is 4mm Aluminium strong enough (I’ve only been out a couple of times and this is first mod) or is one of the other designs better as I don’t want to need to upgrade in the future

anton

Deputy
Major
Major
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Mitsubishi 2018 SWB Pajero 3.8L, White
Nickname: Anton
Number of drives: 36
Blood Group: B+

Post by anton » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi @PaulMK. A skid plate is certainly a good idea as you develop your skills and driving.

In my opinion, 4mm is very thin for aluminium (I would go for 6-8mm aluminium) but also important is to ensure they fit a strong frame behind the skid plate to support it. I’ve seen a few bent/dented plates that were too thin and with a lack of support behind.

The skid plate and frame protects your radiator and other vulnerable components in the event of a hard hit - I sure know ours has saved our car Sonora worth the money 👍🏼

It’s worth checking out Radical Motorsports or other garages for a second price. Better to spend a bit more for quality.

Maybe also check with Ramy how much extra it would be for 6mm aluminium with the steel frame behind?

trq

Marshal
Valor
Colonel
Colonel
Medals: 2
Vehicle Make & Model: JK Pentastar 2013
Nickname: trq
Blood Group: O+

Post by trq » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:46 pm

PaulMK wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Hi All

I have seen 3mm steel, 8mm aluminum and 4mm aluminum. There is an offer on at Ramy for 3 piece fitted for 945AED, but is 4mm Aluminium strong enough (I’ve only been out a couple of times and this is first mod) or is one of the other designs better as I don’t want to need to upgrade in the future

Go for 8-10mm. Nothing lesser.

Tariq

Hashim Saad

Marshal
Brigadier
Brigadier
Medals: 1
Vehicle Make & Model: Jeep Wrangler
Nickname: Hashim
Blood Group: A+

Post by Hashim Saad » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:23 pm

PaulMK wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Hi All

Hi Paul, visit Radical Motorsports al Quoz for 8mm Aluminum skid plate with Protection Bracket. Contact no: 0561046368 Saad

VTC....JEEP....PAJERO....!

PaulMK
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota Fortuner
Blood Group: Nk

Post by PaulMK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 pm

Many thanks Saad, I’ll be in touch. Any discounts for members?