Equipment Needed at different Star Levels

User avatar
Burak Borhan
Private
Private
Posts: 36
Real Name: Burak Borhan
Vehicle Make & Model: Totoya Prado VXR 2014
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Burak
Number of drives: 9
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Re: Equipment Needed at different Star Levels

Post by Burak Borhan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:06 am

Decided to build the plate as a DIY project, thanks Joe!

and here is the result.. let's see how it will work and survive :)

Bought a nice plate of plywood from ACE, cut it into 3 pieces, glued and screwed it..

Image

Image

Image


Burak Borhan

User avatar
joe.zeinoun

Marshal
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 494
Medals: 1
Real Name: joe zeinoun
Vehicle Make & Model: mitsubishi pajero Gen3 3.0L auto
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: zeeno
Number of drives: 0
Location: silicon oasis
Blood Group: AB+
Contact:

Post by joe.zeinoun » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:33 am

great job burak :yesss: :ymapplause:
all u need is to throw some paint at it and make it look even cooler :D
how about some army camo style? B-)


Joe Zeinoun: 0505084806 | www.joezeinoun.com

User avatar
JustDen
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 436
Real Name: Denis
Vehicle Make & Model: Rubicube
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: EnerJeep
Number of drives: 99
Location: Silicon Oasis
Blood Group: 2+

Post by JustDen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:24 pm

joe.zeinoun wrote:great job burak :yesss: :ymapplause:
all u need is to throw some paint at it and make it look even cooler :D
how about some army camo style? B-)
or bedliner ;) looks cool, good abrasion, scratchless, longlasting :-B
ACE, 50 aed per can



User avatar
Gallo
Major
Major
Posts: 64
Real Name: Emanuele Gallone
Vehicle Make & Model: FJ Cruiser 2016
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Gallo
Number of drives: 50

Post by Gallo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Sash716 wrote:I've seen this type of jack used the most. http://www.harborfreight.com/media/cata ... _12335.jpg
I know some shops in Dragonmart sells them, I think Ace sells some too not sure. These ones are good, strong and can put them anywhere around the car. I bought one from DM a while back, but it broke. the oil leaked out
I've found this one line: http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/yato-2-5-ton- ... 7890195/i/
What you think?

Are you sure that fits the height of a wrangler? To me these types of jacks are only for the road cars...


"Dont teach me what to think. Teach me how to think"

User avatar
AblernEagle
Posts: 16
Real Name: Ablern Eagle
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota 2009
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: AblernEagle

Post by AblernEagle » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi,
Can anybody suggest where I can buy those stuff!!!



User avatar
Sash716
Major
Major
Posts: 42
Real Name: Sasha Maddah
Vehicle Make & Model: 2014 Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Sash
Number of drives: 37
Location: Dubai

Post by Sash716 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 pm

AblernEagle wrote:Hi,
Can anybody suggest where I can buy those stuff!!!
Radio: dragon mart

Recovery rope, air compressor, tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, shackles, fire extinguisher, etc: Ace Hardware.

Flag, flag mount: pretty much any 4x4 garage: Ramy4X4, icon auto, AEV, Offroad Zone, etc. Depends on their stock though.

Jacks:
Floor jack/crocodile jack: dragon mart
Bottle jack: Ace Hardware or dragon mart
High lift jack: offroad garages or dragon mart.

Note: I'm sure you can find all the stuff in dragon mart. But just keep in mind the quality might not be as good as the items from other stores in town.

There are a few items you should make sure it's good quality such as rope, Jack, and air compressor.

Another note: make sure the rope you get is kinetic, as in stretchable. It should say on the box that it stretches by x%. Also don't get the highest rating one.

From what I understand it's recommended to use a rope that's rated 3times the weight of the smaller car. For example a wrangler is around 2000kgs which is about 4400 lbs (pounds) so you should get a rope that's at least 6000kg/13200lbs. So don't get those ropes rated for 20000lbs or whatever. A 15000lbs one is fine.

The reason for this is heavier rated ropes are designed to stretch under a certain weight. If the car doesn't reach that point the rope won't stretch as much. I'm not 100% sure on this though but it kinda makes sense lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


Yours may go fast... But mine can go anywhere! (ºlllllllº)

I Shoot People!
www.Instagram.com/sashamaddah
www.facebook.com/LifeisPixels

User avatar
AblernEagle
Posts: 16
Real Name: Ablern Eagle
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota 2009
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: AblernEagle

Post by AblernEagle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Sash716 wrote:
AblernEagle wrote:Hi,
Can anybody suggest where I can buy those stuff!!!
Radio: dragon mart

Recovery rope, air compressor, tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, shackles, fire extinguisher, etc: Ace Hardware.

Flag, flag mount: pretty much any 4x4 garage: Ramy4X4, icon auto, AEV, Offroad Zone, etc. Depends on their stock though.

Jacks:
Floor jack/crocodile jack: dragon mart
Bottle jack: Ace Hardware or dragon mart
High lift jack: offroad garages or dragon mart.

Note: I'm sure you can find all the stuff in dragon mart. But just keep in mind the quality might not be as good as the items from other stores in town.

There are a few items you should make sure it's good quality such as rope, Jack, and air compressor.

Another note: make sure the rope you get is kinetic, as in stretchable. It should say on the box that it stretches by x%. Also don't get the highest rating one.

From what I understand it's recommended to use a rope that's rated 3times the weight of the smaller car. For example a wrangler is around 2000kgs which is about 4400 lbs (pounds) so you should get a rope that's at least 6000kg/13200lbs. So don't get those ropes rated for 20000lbs or whatever. A 15000lbs one is fine.

The reason for this is heavier rated ropes are designed to stretch under a certain weight. If the car doesn't reach that point the rope won't stretch as much. I'm not 100% sure on this though but it kinda makes sense lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks, You solution is appreciated. Certainly I also found some website for these stuff to buy online. https://carnity.com/



User avatar
Eric FJ
Captain
Captain
Posts: 97
Real Name: Eric spijker
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ cruiser standard 2017 model. Upgrades my follow in a later stadium.
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Eric FJ
Number of drives: 75
Location: Palm Jumeirah
Blood Group: O-n

Post by Eric FJ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 pm

One question my FJ comes standard with a hydraulic Jack for changing the Tire. Is this sufficient or do I need to get a separate one? When I was in Saudi and Oman (17 years ago) I was using this balloons you can blow up with your exhaust. I still have this in Netherlands and planning to take this to Dubai. But it is not mentioned in this forum as a tool to lift the car is there a reason for this. B-)



Saif
Major General
Major General
Posts: 546
Real Name: Doe
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ Cruiser
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Fauji
Number of drives: 1
Blood Group: A

Post by Saif » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Eric FJ wrote:One question my FJ comes standard with a hydraulic Jack for changing the Tire. Is this sufficient or do I need to get a separate one? When I was in Saudi and Oman (17 years ago) I was using this balloons you can blow up with your exhaust. I still have this in Netherlands and planning to take this to Dubai. But it is not mentioned in this forum as a tool to lift the car is there a reason for this. B-)

Dear Eric,

Those Baloon jack's were not very practical for our outings as they take an extremely long time to inflate and Jack up the car.

A hydraulic bottle jack or ideally a trolley jack are much better options

Safe Driving :drive:



User avatar
Eric FJ
Captain
Captain
Posts: 97
Real Name: Eric spijker
Vehicle Make & Model: Toyota FJ cruiser standard 2017 model. Upgrades my follow in a later stadium.
Disclaimer: Agreed and Signed.
Nickname: Eric FJ
Number of drives: 75
Location: Palm Jumeirah
Blood Group: O-n

Post by Eric FJ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Okay thanks for the info. So I can use my standard FJ hydraulic jack. I only have to get a base plate?



Post Reply